Friday 24 November 2017

"Ultimate" Krispy Kreme doughnuts

The Ultimate Brownie and Ultimate salted caramel Krispy Kreme doughnuts have been around for a while, but we only took the plunge and decided to give them a try today. Before the Christmas doughnuts arrive at Krispy Kreme stores and cabinets on Monday, here's a review of the "Ultimate" duo!

ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE



Filled with brownie batter filling, with a dark chocolate ganache topping and hand decorated with Belgian milk chocolate shavings, fudge cubes and bronze sugar balls - the doughnut sounded delicious, and looked even better. I loved the appearance of this doughnut, with the various toppings and that glossy ganache.

I normally go for the Chocolate dream cake, but the idea of brownie batter inside the doughnut swayed me towards a change on this occasion, and I wasn't disappointed. 

At first I was slightly disheartened as there didn't seem to be much filling - the bit I was most excited for - but thankfully that brownie batter centre was all hidden at the end, and it was everything I had hoped for. Rich and indulgent, the filling was exactly as brownie batter should taste (take note Oreo) and I could quite easily have eaten a bucket of just that.



The doughnut it's self was standard Krispy Kreme - soft, with a crunchy sugar glaze coating. The whole thing was delicious and so moreish and it may well just be my new favourite.

ULTIMATE SALTED CARAMEL


My wife - who loves anything salted caramel - gave this one a go, choosing it over the strawberry Kreme she normally has. 

Made with Ghirardelli chocolate chips, with a gooey caramel centre, coated in chocolate icing and salted caramel sugar - another delicious sounding doughnut.

The wife's review - 

I have never had Ghirardelli chocolate, but the chocolate chips on this doughnut were so good and I definitely want to try more from them! I normally dislike dark chocolate, but the chips on the Krispy Kreme were rich and creamy, without any of the bitterness that you sometimes get with dark chocolate.

I love the texture of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, as they're so soft and cakey, and that worked so well with the caramel filling, which was AMAZING! I didn't quite get salted caramel, but the centre was gooey and buttery and the dark chocolate chips stopped it from being overly sweet.

 (look at that caramel)

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Caramel doughnut, as with the Ultimate Brownie, they are moreish and I could quite easily eat a box of 3!

OVERALL

These are a good addition to the Krispy Kreme range, so I hope the stick around! If you haven't already tried them, I'd recommend giving them a go as I reckon they definitely earn their "Ultimate" title.

Munchie stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment