Monday 8 January 2018

Bonne maman chocolate caramel petite tartlets

I've come across these tartlets a few times whilst out shopping, but I've always decided not to bother buying them. Bonne Maman are of course synonymous with jams, conserves and spreads, and I just wasn't sure they'd be very good at baked treats.

While I was in Morrisons, these little tarts were on offer, which seemed like the perfect time to bite the bullet and give them a go.


A box of 9 tartlets cost £1, but I think the normal price varies between £1.50 and £2.


Now, these tarts really are mini - probably around the size of an Oreo. They are also individually wrapped, for those who don't want to inhale the entire box.

I was suprised when I bit into the tartlet; I'd been expecting a pastry tart, but the case is actually crispy and crunchy - a little like Leibniz biscuit, but definitely more crisp. It's buttery and rich - a little bit like a shortbread in taste - and that crunch works so well with the gooey innards.


The caramel is gorgeous - buttery, sweet and so moreish, it tastes very indulgent. The chocolate topping is delicious! It's milky, with a good cocoa taste and works harmoniously with the caramel layer. The great thing about these tartlets is that you can taste every single element and they all work perfectly together.

I'm sorry I haven't ventured into the world of Bonne Maman desserts and baked treats before now, as I have most certainly been missing out! I picked the lemon tartlets up at the same time as these ones, and I will be reviewing those in a future post.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment