Thursday 4 January 2018

Chicken tikka naanster

I first discovered naansters a few years back, but they seemed to disappear for a while, before returning with a whole new selection - chicken tikka, chicken balti, vegetable balti and beef madras. I really enjoyed them first time round, so when I spotted them at Sainsburys, I grabbed the good old chicken tikka - surely the best curry available?


Costing £2, this filled naan bread is around the same price as a sandwich, and the perfect hot lunch for this cold weather.

You stab the paper packaging and whack it in the microwave for 90 seconds, then leave it to stand for one minute - not too technical, but I hate that minute long wait!


 My initial thought was that it looked rather anaemic, not at all like those golden, doughy naan breads I love from an Indian take away. It smelt good though, so I still had high hopes.


I was pleasantly suprised by the amount of fillen encased in the naan, and there was definitely nice amount of chicken. The meat looked like real chicken breast too, nothing like the reconstituted fake stuff that they use in those Rustler chicken burgers and paninis.

The filling was beautiful - perfectly seasonsed, with juicy chicken pieces and the ratio of sauce:meat was spot on!

There was filling in every bite, which was just as well as the naan bread it's self was a little chewy at the edges and slightly soggy underneath! The flavour was great, the texture of the bread was just a little rubbish. That may, however, be my hungry head's fault, as I probably only allowed my naanster to stand for half the time. Who knew 30 seconds would make that much difference?

Would I get it again? I would! I'd like to try the other three from the range, but I think I'd probably wait for them to go on offer and also make sure I let it stand for the full 90 seconds.

It's a great idea and makes a nice change from a sandwich or soup at lunch time.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment