Tuesday 2 January 2018

Morrisons volcanic vindaloo

Call me a glutton for punishment, but - when I spotted it at my local Morrisons - the dare devil in me was dying to try this volcanic vindaloo. I love a bit of spice and normally get a madrass from my local Indian take away, so I thought I was well equipped to deal with a supermarket curry.


The curry costs £3.25 on it's own, but you can get two mains and two sides for £7 - bargain!

I heated my meal in the microwave and, as the curry warmed up, the spices were already tickling my nostrils. I knew then that I was in for a heated experience.

It even looks spicy, doesn't it?

The first mouthful of this curry was actually quite pleasant - tender chicken and a tasty sauce... then came the heat, and it sure was one spicy vindaloo! After that first taste, my mouth was on fire and I began to wonder if I had any taste buds left, because it felt as though they'd been burnt off.

The spice reaches a level and stays there, which would be fine if that heat level wasn't like being trapped between an erupting volcano and the sun!

In all honesty, this curry was actually tasty, but the heat level means this is probably more of an eating challenge, rather than a meal you could sit and savour and enjoy!

I'm glad I gave it a go, but I couldn't say I'd hVe it again. That said, I'm never one to step dowm from a challenge!

Munchie stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment