Monday 15 January 2018

M&S fiery sweet potato fries

While browsing the pizzas at M&S the other week, I spotted these sweet potato fries, which immediately made their way into my basket - I just love sweet potato. Having tried and enjoyed their dirty fries, I had high hopes for these M&S cheese covered sweet potato chips.


The tray of fries costs £3, which is the same as the dirty fries and their pizza fries. Covered in cheese and jalepeno, these looked delicious before they were even cooked.

I left them in the oven for ten minutes longer than instructed, allowing the cheese to turn golden and crispy. They smelt absolutely delicious.


First off, I ate fry without any cheese sauce and have to admit to feeling rather disappointed. When I think of sweet potato fries, I imagine seasoned, crispy chips; what I got in this case was mush. I found the taste to be a little like butternut squash, which left me feeling somewhat deflated.

With the cheese sauce, the fries taste better, but there is still no texture other than pureed sweet potato; and don't get me started on those promised jalepenos! Where on earth were my spicy peppers? There was no heat, meaning these were really lacking the stated "fiery" flavour.

The cheese sauce is tasty enough, but doesn't make up for the sloppy chips and absent jalapenos. There was plenty of cheese, which I was grateful for, as it helped mask the odd taste and texture of the fries.

These most definitely will not be something I'd buy again and not something I'd recommend. An absolute disappointment. What a waste of £3.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment