Wednesday 31 January 2018

Krispy Kreme Valentines doughnuts

You may be aware that Krispy Kreme have released three limited edition doughnus for Valentines day - double strawberry heart, raspberry chocolate heart, and lovable sprinkles.

I spotted all three newbies in the Krispy Kreme cabinet at my local Tesco and couldn't resist buying the two heart doughnuts. I didn't bother with the lovable sprinkles, as there is nothing new about a chocolate iced ring, covered in hundreds and thousands.


Three doughnuts cost me £5.45 (I also got a chocolate dream cake) which I'm almost certain is standard for a Krispy Kreme trio.

The heart shaped treats certainly looked the part. I especially liked the cute face adorning the double strawberry one, which reminded me of the Love Bug that Krispy Kreme brought out a few years ago.

RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE HEART

I started with this one, because it's the one I thought I'd like the least, as I'm not overly keen on raspberry.

I took a bit bite and the promised chocolate truffle and raspberry Kreme was no where to be seen! Already I felt disappointed, even though the icing was tasty and the dough was spot on - let's get real - we are all here for that kreme!


Finally I got to the gooey "middle", which was minimal. I feel pretty disappointed by how little kreme there was, as it was actually very tasty! The chocolate was the most dominant flavour, but there was a gorgeous tang from the raspberry and they two flavours worked harmoniously together.

I wish there had been more filling, because I would have given this doughnut a rave review. As it is, I will definitely get another in the hope that this was a dud doughnut, but I was left some what disheartened this time.

DOUBLE STRAWBERRY HEART

The description of this is pretty much the exact same of the Strawberry Kreme, (fyi - one of my favourites) but the heart shape and cute face kind of makes this better!

The dough was soft and delicious, with that texture that you only get with a Krispy Kreme. The crunch of the glaze, as I bit into the heart is my favourite thing about these doughnuts. I love the crisp texture, before that soft dough that precedes the gooey middle.



Hurrah! This one did not disappoint in the kreme department - it was full of that delicious strawberry centre. It was sweet and tangy and just absolutely delicious. Definitely my favourite and one I can't wait to get again!

OVERALL

These doughnuts are not very innovative, but they are tasty and most definitely worth trying while they're still around. I will definitely be treating myself to some more, lets just hope the raspberry chocolate heart actually contains some kreme next time!

Munchy stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment