Thursday 11 January 2018

Halo Top UK, part 1

You may be aware that Halo Top ice cream has made it's way to the UK. This low cal, healthy option ice cream is said to out sell Ben & Jerry and Haagen Daz in the US, so I was very excited when I heard it was coming to the UK.

There are 7 flavours in total and I decided to start with cinnamon roll and peanut butter cup, as they were the flavours that appealed to me the most. At £5 a tub, they are quite pricey, but I didn't have the patience to wait for an offer.

CINNAMON ROLL


Having never tried cinnamon ice cream before, this was doubly exciting for me and I couldn't wait to get stuck in!

I'll be honest, I was expecting something between a sorbet and a frozen yogurt and - although this wasn't as densely creamy as the likes of Ben & Jerry's - this has a good ice cream texture that isn't compromised by being low in fat, calories and sugar.

The cinnamon flavour is so good - spicy with a nice heat that just works so well at this time of year. I was both suprised and impressed with the fact that, not only does the ice cream contain actual bits of cinnamon roll, but also that they were plentiful.

Overall a great tub of ice cream that is far too easy to polish off.

PEANUT BUTTER CUP


First off, this contains actual roasted peanuts, which had me impressed from the word go. This entire tub contains just a quarter of the Ben&Jerry's tub by the same name, so definitely one for dieters.

I wasn't expecting a swirl of any kind and, as a swirl lover, I was super impressed with that. The ice cream it's self has a gorgeous nutty flavour and really hits the spot for peanut butter cravings. I think this would be a brilliant accompaniment to a warm peanut nutter Carbkilla bar.

Another great tasting tub.

So, am I converted? Well, I can't say it would become my go to - given the choice between this and a tub of B&J's Sofa so good, I know I'd stay faithful to my boys, Ben and Jerry. However, Halo Top is perfect for indulging when you're dieting and still feels like a satisfying treat.

The ice cream has a great creamy texture that coats your tongue as it melts. I genuinely think this could help keep dieters on track as it almost tastes as good as a full fat pud, and is without a doubt a tasty tub!

I am definitely converted and will certainly be making my way through the other 5 flavours. I am so glad Halo Top have arrived! Look out for part 2, as next on my list are the mint choc chip and sea salt caramel.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment