Monday 29 January 2018

Cadburys Freddo face cakes

Cadbury obviously know that we're all Freddo obsessed, as they're pedalling out the froggy products at the moment, with two new Freddo treats gracing the shelves. You might have seen my son's biscuit review video on Instagram, so today I thought I'd give you my thoughts on the Freddo face cakes.


The pack of 6 cakes cost me £1.50 at Morrisons. Normally I'd have waited for them to go on offer, but I was so excited about these cakes, meaning I was willing to pay full price.


I was pleasantly suprised at the size of these Freddo treats. I was expecting them to be Oreo sized, but they were about the size of a Wagon Wheel. They smelt like standard Madeira cake and the Freddo face adorned my sponge cake, as promised.


I took a bite and the texture of the sponge was light and airy, which is my favourite type of cake. I had assumed the texture would resemble a Jaffa cake, so this was another unexpected turn. Taste wise, the cake was like any generic vanilla sponge; that's not to say it wasn't nice - it was actually really tasty - but it was familiar and nothing special.

The chocolate middle was sweet, with that comforting Cadbury chocolate taste that we all love, even if we all moan about the decreasing quality. If you've tried them, the chocolate element was like a more solid version of the chocolate filling of the Dairy Milk muffins - tasty and so very moreish.

The sponge to chocolate ratio is spot on and the cakes are a really tasty treat. They aren't really that innovative, but I think Cadburys are hoping that the popularity of Freddo bars will be enough to get people buying them.

I'd get them again, but I wouldn't pay full price - as I still prefer their aforementioned muffins. These are definitely worth picking up, and they're definitely far better than the Heroes cupcakes.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment