Thursday 18 January 2018

Carrs cheddar and onion batons

January - the month of diets and health kicks, the month to undo the damage caused by a month of festive eating, but also the month when the shops are full of new snacks and easter goodies!

I promise myself daily that I will eat healthier, but I see a "new" label emblazoned on a box and that's it, which is how I come to buy these Carr cheese and onion batons.


The 100g box of pastry batons cost me £1.50 from Tesco.

I had been expecting a chunky sized snack, but these batons are actually teeny - probably about half the size of a Kit Kat finger - but the packet was full of these little pastry morsels, so you do get your money's worth.


I shoved a baton in my mouth and could instantly taste the cheese. It reminded me a little of the burnt, crispy bits of cheese on a slice of cheese on toast - delicious. The onion isn't noticeable initially, but there's a subtle hint that comes through as you chew. Cheese and onion is always a great combination and most definitely work with the pastry baton. The cheese has a tasty tang that perfectly compliments the onion's sweetness.

The pastry was beautiful - crisp and flaky, with a delicious buttery taste. The pastry here avoids being too dry, which can sometimes be a problem with cheese straws; it really is a good flaky pastry.

These aren't a particularly innovative snack, but they are very tasty, very moreish and very cheesy! I will definitely be giving the other flavours a go.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment