Friday 1 December 2017

Hotel Chocolat Christmas Mess

I love Hotel Chocolat, but there isn't a store in my home town and with, delivery being a little pricey, I don't indulge very often. However, they took part in the Black Friday sales and that seemed like the perfect time to treat myself.

As it's Christmas, I thought I'd give the Christmas Mess selector a go, the packet of 6 chocolates cost £3.95, but you can save some money, if you buy more than 3 selectors, which kind of seems like the perfect excuse!






I'm just going to throw it out there that I am not a fan of cranberry or fruity chocolate, so I didn't have much hope for these! Fortunately, they were a pleasant suprise!

The cranberry centre was a light mousse, which added a nice sharpness that contrasted perfectly with the white chocolate. The fruit middle was a suprise, as I really enjoyed the creaminess and subtle hint of fruit. The white chocolate was delicious - milky and sweet and paired beautifully with that centre and the hint of cinnamon spice at the end gave a lovely mild heat and gave the Christmas Mess that Festive feel.




I loved the different textures - that soft middle and the crisp snap of the white chocolate shell was really delicious, especially when combined with the crunchy freeze dried fruit and meringue pieces on the top.

Overall, this was a really tasty and indulgent chocolate. Not one I thought I would like, but one I actually loved. I definitely recommend giving these a go before they disappear in the new year.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment