Friday 15 December 2017

Marks and Spencer triple chocolate cheesecake

I love cheesecake, it's my go to dessert. My favourite is the chocolate one from Rhokett, but anything will do. Last year M&S brought out a Milk Chocolate and caramel cheesecake. I had it once and then never found it again, but ever since I have pined for it. Last week, I thought I had struck gold as I spotted a cheesecake that looked very similar, but turned out to be this triple chocolate one.

"Baked white chocolate cheesecake, with pockets of dark chocolate sauce, bourbon biscuit base, milk and dark chocolate mousse and lustred decorations". It wasn't the caramel one, but it certainly sounded yummy. The cheesecake was part of the M&S Dine in deal, but I only bought the cheesecake and it set me back £3.50. I hoped it was money well spent.


 This little cheesecake is meant to serve 2...are these 2 people mice? Sorry M&S, but I rejected your serving suggestion and did not share it!


The layers and the lustred decorations certainly look attractive, don't they? But did it taste any good? Well, the mousse top was lovely, but definitely didn't taste like dark chocolate, which suited me as I am not really a fan of the dark stuff. It reminded me of a milky hot chocolate in mousse form. Something about it was very comforting and I did enjoy it a lot.

The white chocolate cheesecake wasn't as advertised, as in it wasn't chocolate and just tasted like a vanilla cheesecake. It was tasty, don't get me wrong, but I expected white chocolate and that wasn't what I got. And what happened to the chocolate sauce? I didn't come across any in my dessert.

The base of the cheesecake was fine and had a perfect crispy texture, but I didn't get much in the way of flavour. I wanted so much more from the bourbon biscuit base and it just left me disappointed. Same goes for the chocolate decorations, which had a strange alcoholic taste and felt a bit stale when I chewed them.

Sorry M&S, but this was a fail! Maybe my expectations were to high, thanks to the incredible chocolate caramel cheesecake of yesteryear, but this simply did not work for me. The mousse topping was the best thing about it, but the cheesecake it's self was a let down.

M&S, if you are reading this, please bring that caramel cheesecake back. That one was far superior to this. What a waste of £3.50!

Munchie stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment