Wednesday 6 December 2017

Costa Festive drinks 2017

My wife and I went shopping with the kids one cold Wednesday, and to warm ourselves up we decided to stop in Costa. Hot chocolates for the boys and some festive drinks for us. I tried the mint hot chocolate and the wife opted for a salted caramel cappuccino, as fans of Caffe Nero normally, how did Costa fair?

MINT HOT CHOCOLATE








A primo (small) hot chocolate cost £3.30, but it's a pretty sizable cup! The drink comes with cream and some mint flavoured sprinkles - it looked Christmassy at least.

I like Costa hot chocolates anyway, but this mint one was even better. It has a nice cool after taste and reminded me a bit of a mint aero. Thankfully there was none of the toothpaste taste that mint flavoured things can sometimes have.

For a Christmas treat on a cold winter day, this is definitely a nice comforting drink, with a good hit of sugar for an energy boost, before my wife dragged me around the shops.

SALTED CARAMEL CAPPUCCINO





I was torn between the honeycomb latte and this, but as I love salted caramel, the cappuccino obviously won! I loved the look of my drink, although I'm not quite sure what the sprinkles were and I can't find anything to tell me online.

I went for a primo, which cost £3.30, but as with the hot chocolate - Costa weren't stingy with their portion size.

The drink was nice, but not amazing. I don't often drink sweet coffee and I found this was verging on too sweet. It was nice, but I think I would have been better off asking for an extra shot of espresso as I couldn't really taste the coffee.

Whatever the sprinkles were, they were really yummy and tasted a little like fudge, they were probably the best thing about this. I was slightly disappointed that there was no salted caramel flavour, it just tasted very, very sugary.

I think I'd have the cappuccino again, but with the extra shot. I'm definitely not swayed from my beloved Caffe Nero, that's for sure!

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment