Tuesday 26 December 2017

M&S milk chocolate chewy caramel biscuit bites

What a mouthful that title is, huh?

Well, Christmas is over and the geese have all got fat...at least we all have in my house! If you aren't yet sick of the sight of chocolate then today's review may just interest you. These chewy caramel biscuit bites were new in M&S just before Christmas. The snazzy metallic green bag caught my eye and when I read what was inside, well, I had to try them.

The 120g bag comes in at £2, which is pretty standard for M&S and I actually feel their chocolate is worth that, as it never fails to satisfy my sweet tooth.


With caramel, biscuit pieces, crisp rice cereal and milk chocolate, these certainly sounded pretty delicious and I couldn't wait to tuck in.

There was a lovely aroma of cocoa when I tore the bag open, and I was impressed with the sizable chunks of chocolate.


There were 10 chunks in the bag, which may not seem like a lot, but they were each about half the size of a Milky Way, so certainly not small cubes. They felt very weighty as well, so I didn't feel at all ripped off.



I have to admit, I was suprised when I bit into the chocolate as I had been expected something resembling a Twix. What I actually got was a biscuit flavoured truffle, with biscuit pieces and a layer of caramel on top...it was incredible! The truffle layer was sweet and milky and the added crunch from the biscuit pieces just worked so well. I didn't get any taste from the crispy rice cereal, but I assume that they added some of the crunch.

As I have come to expect from M&S, the chocolate had a lovely cocoa taste, with a hint of sweetness. It's a great quality chocolate, but it stayed very much in the background in this case, allowing the caramel and truffle to shine through. The caramel was smooth and delicious, with a nice hint of salt, creating a lovely balance of salt and sweet. Gorgeous.

I have to admit, I polished of the entire bag! They are a great addition to the M&S chocolate bags, and one I shall absolutely be having again. I'd go as far as saying that they are even better than the cookie dough bites from the M&S range. Go and grab a bag for yourself...go, go, go.

Munchie stuff

1 comment: