Monday 11 December 2017

M&S Salted caramel fudge log

Salted caramel, fudge and chocolate, could there be a better sweet combo? I think not. Today's review features all three, in the form of this M&S salted caramel fudge log. A creamy soft fudge, containing a salted caramel middle and covered in milk chocolate, this modern twist on a yule log set me back £2.


Unfortunately, I devoured this chunky little number before I decided I was going to start the food reviews, so there is no photo of the inside. It looked amazing though, but you will just have to take me word for it - sorry!

I chopped the fudge log in half and was thrilled that the salted caramel centre was runny, rather than chewy. It looked delicious and tasted even better. I was expecting a huge hit of sugar, due to the caramel and the fudge which are both basically pure sugar, but actually the saltiness of the caramel cut through the sweetness and the chocolate was rich enough to bring a cocoa hit, rather than another rush of sugar.

The fudge was beautifully creamy and melted in the mouth, it had a hint of vanilla and was just incredible. Definitely better than the Cadbury's fudge from a tub of Heroes. The chocolate added a bit of bite to the otherwise super soft bar and, as I already stated, it tasted like a good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content. The salted caramel was like liquid heaven, and oozed out when I cut into the fudge. It was smooth and runny, with the balance of saltiness just right - just perfect!

All three textures and flavours worked well together and, despite looking small, it' s weighty little bar and is far more substantial than it looks. It weighs in at 140g, which is bigger than a share bag of fudge bites. I didn't share, before you ask!

For £2 I think this is a great little buy, would make an excellent stocking filler and I think anyone with a sweet tooth would love this. I am hoping Santa brings me another!

Munchie stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment