Saturday 2 December 2017

Little's Christmas spirit flavoured instant coffee

Before I discovered Littles, I was a long term drinker of the Douwe Egberts flavour collection, however -after trying their coconut flavoured instant coffee - I have switched my loyalty to Littles. I love their Swiss chocolate, chocolate caramel and Irish cream flavours, but - as it's almost Christmas - I added a Christmas spirit into my Pick and Mix bundle.

The coffee is available from Ocado; Waitrose; Sainsburys and Holland and Barrett and are priced at around £2.75 per 50g jar. However I purchase the box of 6 from their website, as there is more choice buying direct from Littles themselves. A pick and mix box costs £16.50, but sign up to their mailing list at www.wearelittles.com and they send all kinds of special offers.


 Infused with the festive flavours of orange, brandy, cinnamon and vanilla - the coffee sounds exactly like a Christmas pudding - just with none of the calories!

I always have a home made latte, no sugar but 2 spoonfuls of coffee, I made my morning caffeine fix exactly as such. On opening the jar, I could smell the spices and it did remind me of Christmas - very comforting and reminded me of eating mince pies, while decorating the Chrsitmas tree, as a child.

The taste is so good! It is spicy, with a sweetness to it and that brandy flavour comes through right at the end. I could taste the orange, but it didn't over power the coffee, just worked with the other flavours to make a drink that is full on festive!

If you want a Christmas drink, with none of the calories of an egg nog latte or black forest hot chocolate, then this one is definitely for you. Coffee snobs shouldn't be put off by the fact it is an instant coffee, as that does nothing to hinder the quality or taste (although Littles also do ground coffee on their website) it's a smooth and tasty drink, one I shall definitely be drinking throughout December!

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment