Friday 8 December 2017

Pigs in blankets Pringles

Today's blog is about these Festive Pringles - Merry Pringles, if you like. These pigs in blankets flavoured snacks have been on the shelves at Christmas for the last few years, but this year was the first time I decided to the the plunge.



The Festive tube of Pringles was on offer at Asda. I paid £1.25 for the 200g tube.

On opening the crisps, I was met by the smell of smoky bacon and this had me immediately disappointed. I've ventured into the world of pigs in blanket flavoured snacks before and I always find they seem to forget the sausage element. I already anticipated that these would be another version of the smoky bacon flavour that Pringles already produce.


I dived into the tube - well as well as I could, considering that tube is not fit to accommodate adult sized hands - and crammed some crisps into my gob...bacon! I knew it and I felt so let down. However, I ate the next few crisps with slightly less gusto and actually, when I took the time to savour the snack I was suprised to find that I could taste the herbiness followed by the meatiness of the sausage.

My wife tried one and she took her time eating it and said there was definitely a sausage after taste. There's a some sweetness to the flavour and I think Pringles have actually managed to get that pigs in blanket flavour almost spot on.

It's by no means perfect, but would be great for Christmas nibbles and they are a very tasty crisp. I'll be getting them again, that's for sure.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment