Wednesday 20 December 2017

Co op foods Sour cream and chive Christmas trees

If there is one thing you can guarantee in my house it's that my wife goes overboard when it comes to Christmas snack shopping. She is obsessed. If it is shaped like a Christmas tree or covered in edible glitter then it will make it's way to my kitchen cupboards.

The other night I fancied a savoury snack and these looked like just the thing for the job - sour cream and chive Christmas trees. Crunchy potato 3D snacks, with a sour cream and chive seasoning.This 100g bag cost £1, which seems pretty reasonable to me.


(As you can see, my wife is also a fan of festive bed covers too)

My first thought when I opened the bag was that - as is typical with crisps these days - the bag was only half full! They smelt good though, and I definitely caught a whiff of both the sour cream and chives. The Christmas trees were actually a good size and there seemed to be a nice amount, in spite of the fact half the bag was full of air.


These are a great tasting snack. I actually shouted at my wife that they were amazing. The flavour was spot on, enough to please your taste buds, without any overpowering tang. I loved the texture, which reminded me of the Bugles crisps by walker. The trees had a great crunch and they were flavourful, without being too salty.

The sour cream and chive flavour reminded me a little of the Pringles in the same flavour and I really enjoyed the (entire) bag of Christmas snacks.

I think these would be great at a Christmas party, as they certainly look the part. Kids and grown ups will both enjoy them and for £1 you can't really go wrong. I'll be heading back to Co op to stock up, that's for sure.

Munchie stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment