Friday 22 December 2017

Asda mint ice cream bites

You know that moment on Christmas day, when you're sat on the sofa, watching t.v and thinking about how you're so full that you don't think you will ever eat again? Well, why is it that - seconds after you contemplate living on salad leaves for the foreseeable - someone will offer you an After 8 and you just can't say no! Everyone loves a thin mint or 4, don't they? This year Asda jumped on our love for all things minty, with these mint ice cream bites.


The pack of 10 minty treats cost me a very reasonable £1. I'll be honest, I wasn't really expecting great things, just because they were so cheap!


As you can see, these are really bite sized, in fact I think I'd need 2 or 3 to equal my own bite.

The chocolate coating was thin and crisp, a little like the chocolate you get on a choc ice. It wasn't the best quality, but it was satisfyingly sweet and tasted nice enough. The ice cream had a pleasant minty taste - it was fresh, without taking on that awful toothpaste taste. It reminded me a little of the ice cream in a mint Cornetto.


The little pool of chocolate sauce was a nice touch, and helped to balance out the mint flavour. Again, it wasn't the best quality, but it had a stronger cocoa taste than the chocolate coating and tasted really quite pleasant. I have to say, I was very much suprised by the overall quality of these ice cream bites. The ice cream was creamy and tasty and for £1 you really can't go wrong.

These would make a great after dinner treat for anyone who doesn't have room for Christmas pudding; and they'd be a perfect party dessert. If you're looking for a minty treat and are bored of After 8s and Matchmakers then these may be what you're looking for. A tasty little bargain.

Munchie stuff

2 comments:

  1. Aldi have a strawberry and white chocolate version that is divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound tasty!I love strawberry and white chocolate.

      Delete