Thursday 21 December 2017

Boots 'Delicious' turkey, bacon and cranberry sandwich

In four days time we will all be tucking into Christmas dinners, but if you can't wait that long then most shops have a festive offering, in the form of sandwiches. I already reviewed a fair old few here but today's review is yet another crimbo sarnie; this time from Boots.


Boots' festive offering costs £2.75, but I got mine (as always) as part of a meal deal. Boots' meal deal costs £3.29, and I grabbed a carrot cake and a Starbucks iced latte to go with mine. Yum! I don't often get meal deals from Boots and I don't know why, because they have so much more variety and choice than anywhere else.


The meat in this sandwich looked incredible and there looked like there was plenty of bacon too; I couldn't wait to get stuck in.

 SO MUCH BACON!

The bread was lovely and soft, which is always a bonus as shop bought sarnies have the tendency to be a little bit dry. There was a good amount of filling - the meat was tender and flavoursome. It tasted like real meat, as opposed to the reconstituted rubbish some shops use. The bacon added a bit of salinity to the sandwich and gave it that smoky flavour that only bacon can give.

I have said it before, but cranberry is not my bag, but this year I have began to warm to the fruity little sauce - probably due to the amount of festive sandwiches I have devoured. The cranberry in this sandwich added a nice sweetness, which was the perfect contrast to the salty bacon. It also added a bit of moisture, which helped the sandwich avoid being too dry.

My only gripe about this sandwich is that the stuffing was almost undetectable and, as someone who loves a stuffing ball or 6 with his Christmas dinner, I found the lack of stuffing very disappointing. Still, the sandwich was a very tasty little number, even without the sage and onion kick.

I actually really enjoyed this turkey sandwich from Boots, and - dare I say it - this was one of my favourite festive sarnies this year. I'd certainly pick this over the offerings from Morrisons and even M&S, as there was plenty of meat and not a spinach leaf in sight.

As part of their meal deal, this is a good value lunch and I'd recommend it to anyone who's a fan of a festive sandwich. Go and grab one before it's too late.

Munchie stuff



No comments:

Post a Comment