Sunday 10 December 2017

Greggs turkey, bacon and cranberry roll

Another day closer to Christmas. Have you ordered the turkey and sent those cards to the relatives you never see, but who get narky when you forget to acknowledge them over Christmas?

If you're not full of festive spirit quite yet, then maybe today's review can help! We've already rated their festive bake and today we have Greggs' festive turkey, bacon and cranberry roll.


As you can see, it looks exactly the same as a sausage roll, except that this features minced turkey breast inside. It smelt amazing, but I think warm pastry is one of the best smells ever, so it's no suprise my mouth was already watering before I even took a bite.


As you can see, there is a nice amount of cranberry and a good amount of meat inside the pastry.

There isn't a lot to say about the pastry part of this, it was just standard Greggs - buttery, flaky and delicious and so comforting, especially on a cold December Friday. The turkey sausage was lovely - not as salty as a pork sausage, and tasted so much better than I had anticipated, given that I am not a fan of turkey (I know, cardinal Christmas sin).

I couldn't see any bacon, but there was a pleasant smokiness throughout this roll, which I assume was the bacon. You know it's there, even if you can't see it! The cranberry sauce added some sweetness and some moisture (ugh, what a word) and we all know turkey and cranberry sauce are a classic pairing, and they worked even better encased inside warm pastry.

For £1 this is a really good savoury roll. If I were to make one complaint then I'd have liked one stuffing, but for the price I can't complain. A great alternative to a sausage roll and definitely one to try.

Munchie stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment